October 22-November 4, 2017
Please note: All Scarecrows on the Square spaces for 2017 are full.
If you were unable to participate this year, we hope to have you in 2018!
Click here for a Scarecrows poster to share!
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Dates: October 22-29
Vote for your favorite display(s) for just $0.25 each at the following locations:
Guerin’s Pharmacy Cuppa Manna Cafe
Awards will be given for the Best Overall Scarecrow and the top 3 Scarecrows in each of the following categories:
Business Civic Individual School
Winners will be notified and ribbons displayed on the winning Scarecrows on November 1.
Scarecrow set-up occurs on Sunday, October 22 between 1 and 5 p.m. Please be considerate of the JSL volunteers and stay within the scheduled timeframe for decorations. Scarecrow takedown is on Saturday, November 4 no later than 12 p.m. JSL is not responsible for any remaining decorations or items left on the premises after this time. It is the responsibility of the participant to clean up their assigned site including raking any hay to the curb. In the event that materials are left behind past the cutoff time, groups will be assessed a $30 cleanup fee.
• Site set-up is Sunday, October 22 from 1-5 p.m. ONLY
• Please respect other participants and do not go beyond your allocated space
• A single 2” PVC pipe will be provided for a Scarecrow to be posted in; a 2×2″ shaved down post works best
• JSL members will NOT be available for helping entrants set up, or have any tools to borrow
• Be sure to bring along all necessary tools for installing your Scarecrow and decorations
(ex: duct tape, scissors, hammer, nails, extra straw)
• The Junior Service League of Summerville (JSL) is not responsible for maintenance, damage, vandalism, or theft incurred of any scarecrow during the contest
• JSL reserves the right to adjust displays to fall within the specified guidelines
• Cleanup and removal of scarecrows is November 4, and must be completed by 12 p.m. to avoid fees