Joining the Junior Service League of Summerville is perfect for women who foster the spirit of volunteerism and enjoy giving back to their local community. JSL members volunteer throughout the year at JSL sponsored activities that assist local non-profits. Whether you enjoy serving meals with Katie’s Krops, playing ball with the athletes of the Miracle League, baking treats for community events or donating items for those in need, JSL has something to offer for every member’s interest. Click here for the full list of local organizations we proudly serve in our endeavors.
In April of each year, the Junior Service League of Summerville begins taking applications for the next league year. Applications are accepted through the first week of August.
How to become a member:
- Print and complete the New Member Application and email to email@example.com.
- Attend an informational session. This year’s summer session dates will be announced soon. Check back for updates!
- Membership requirements include a five-year service commitment to provide continuity in our organization and to provide a strong base of support for the Summerville community.
- The Junior Service League of Summerville’s minimum volunteer requirement is 40 hours per year which includes meeting hours, community service hours as well as mandatory events such as the Ghostwalk and the John Tupper Golf Classic.
- Our members meet the second Monday of every month from August through May with the exception of December.
- Provisional members meet the first Monday of August, October, November, January, February, and March.
- Provisional membership dues are to be paid at the starting Provisional or General meeting in the amount of $85. This includes your annual JSL membership due of $60 plus a one-time fee of $25 for your official JSL notebook, name tag, and t-shirt.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Like us on Facebook at Junior Service League of Summerville for updates on informational sessions and upcoming events.